This morning, Amazon announced that Kindle Cloud Reader, the nifty HTML5-based Web app that lets customers read Kindle books in their browser (online or offline), is now available for Mozilla Firefox 6 and above, in addition to Google Chrome and Safari (on iPad and desktop).
Not much else to report in terms of news, but Chris Blizzard, Director of Platform Product Management for Mozilla’s Web browser, says there are now more than 450 million Firefox users worldwide.
- Founded 1994
- Overview Amazon is an e-commerce retailer formed originally to provide consumers with products in two segments. It offers users with merchandise and content purchased for resale from vendors and those offered by third-party sellers. Operating in North American and International markets, Amazon provides its services through websites such as amazon.com and amazon.ca. It also enables authors, musicians, filmmakers, …
- Location Seattle, WA
- Categories E-Commerce, Crowdsourcing, Groceries, Consumer Goods, Delivery, Software, Retail, Internet
- Founders Jeff Bezos
- Website http://amazon.com
- Full profile for Amazon
- Founded 1998
- Overview At Mozilla, we’re a global community of technologists, thinkers and builders working together to keep the Internet alive and accessible, so people worldwide can be informed contributors and creators of the Web. We believe this act of human collaboration across an open platform is essential to individual growth and our collective future.
- Location Mountain View, CA
- Categories Curated Web, Browser Extensions, Open Source
- Website http://mozilla.org
- Full profile for Mozilla
- Description Firefox is a free and open-source web browser developed for Windows, OS X, and Linux, with a mobile version for Android. It uses the Gecko layout engine to render web pages, which implements current and anticipated web standards. The browser's features include tabbed browsing, spell checking, incremental find, live bookmarking, Smart Bookmarks, a download manager, private browsing, location-aware …
- Website http://firefox.com
- Full profile for Firefox