We’re back for a new episode of OMG/JK, featuring your hosts reunited at TCHQ as we prepare for TechCrunch Disrupt SF.
This week, we talk about Amazon’s upcoming secret tablet (which MG recently tried out), and how it might or might not take on the iPad. We also discuss the complexity of the Windows 8 UI and its growing number of buttons. And we take a look at the recent firing of Yahoo CEO Carol Bartz.
Oh, and yes — I am wearing an orange thread friendship bracelet. Consider it a preview of an upcoming episode of TC Cribs (I forgot to take it off).
Here are some recent posts relevant to this week’s episode:
- Amazon’s Kindle Tablet Is Very Real. I’ve Seen It, Played With It.
- “Respect Explorer’s Heritage”
- Microsoft’s Interpretation Of “No Compromise” Is The Definition Of “Compromise”
- Bartz Fired; Morse Named Interim CEO; Yahoo Board Creates Circle Of Elders To Decide Company Fate
- Bartz Calls Yahoo’s Board A Bunch Of “Doofuses”