P50-GP08: Hitachi’s Last (?) Flagship TV Can Be Controlled Via iPad/iPhone
Just last week, Hitachi decided to pull the plug on their domestic TV production business by year-end, but that doesn’t mean the company doesn’t go out with a bang. A total of six Hitachi Wooo TVs were announced [JP] in Japan today, with the 50-inch 3D model P50-GP08 stealing the show.
The plasma TV might very well be Hitachi’s last self-produced flagship model, and a look at the spec list reveals this is actually regrettable:
- 50-inch 3D plasma screen with full HD resolution
- Pixel Manager EX engine for clearer 3D images
- contrast ratio: 5,000,000:1
- 5 TV tuners
- 500GB HDD integrated (removable)
- DLNA support
- 4 HDMI slots
- motion sensor that automatically turns the TV off after the user leaves the room (after 5-60 minutes)
- web connectivity (i.e. for video on demand, access to Yahoo Japan etc.)
- “Wooo Remote for iPhone/iPad” app to be released later this month (for accessing the TV’s functions, checking the TV program, playing back recorded material, etc./see below)
Hitachi plans to start selling this beauty in Japan for $4,200 on August 27. The company hasn’t said yet whether the TV will be sold abroad, too.
Via AV Watch [JP]