As little sisters tend to do, Virgin Mobile got a bit jealous when they found out their big brother, Sprint, was gettin’ a fancy new Android phone out of Motorola. Lookin’ to steal a bit of that spotlight, Virgin’s bringin’ out a Moto-built Android phone of their own: the Triumph.
And for an off-contract, pre-paid Android phone, it’s quite the doozy.
Here’s what you need to know about the Triumph:
- 4.1″ WGA (800×480) display
- Just 0.4″ thick
- 5 megapixel rear camera, 0.3 megapixel front facing camera
- Launching with Android 2.2 (Froyo) (A bit unfortunate, as Froyo is very much at the end of its life-cycle)
- Video recording and playback at 720p
- HDMI out
- Oddly, they’re not listing what the CPU clocks in at — Update: Strike that! We’ve just been informed that the Triumph has a 1 Ghz CPU inside.
As with the Photon, Sprint and Motorola are bein’ a bit coy with the launch specifics: Sprint/Virgin say “this summer”, while Motorola says “This month”. Neither will spill the beans on the pricing details.