Gather ’round, friends, as a glimpse of a once mythical beast is unveiled to the world. Nay, not Bigfoot — something smaller, and with more buttons. Oh, and this one plays friendly with T-Mobile’s kinda-sorta-4G HSPA+ network! Can Bigfoot do that? No. He can’t. Because Bigfoot isn’t real.
Tucked within that splash of blue jeans and blur you see up top is none other than the T-Mobile myTouch Slide 4G — which, as far T-Mobile is concerned, doesn’t exist yet.
While the pair of shots obtained by BGR leave a good bit to the imagination, the tipster came armed with a few details to help flesh out your mental imagery:
- The device is said to be “much faster than the myTouch 4G”
- The myTouch Slide 4G packs an 8 megapixel camera on the back, as opposed to the 5 megapixel camera found on its predecessor, the Slide 3G.
- Will ship with Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread), running the latest version of HTC Sense
- The display is neither 3D nor particularly stunning, with the tipster saying it’s “nothing to write home about”
- Should ship sometime before mid-July
So far, so… eh. It’s certainly not too shabby — but it’s nothin’ special, either. Between the G2 and the Sidekick 4G, T-Mobile sort of already has the whole sliding-keyboard thing on lock; does the myTouch 4G have anything up its sleeve to make itself stand out?