We liked Leica’s V-Lux 20, but could never really recommend it over its cheaper, nearly identical sibling, the Panasonic ZS7. Now we have the V-Lux 30, which appears to have the same relationship with the ZS10 announced in January. Looks like the same 14.1-megapixel sensor, the same 16x zoom lens, the same LCD, GPS, and so on — but different badge.
The Leica costs $750, the Panasonic costs $400. How much are you willing to pay for that Leica logo?
- Founded 1980
- Overview Leica Camera AG is an internationally operating, premium-segment manufacturer of cameras and sport optics products. The legendary status of the Leica brand is founded on a long tradition of excellence in the construction of lenses and optical devices. And today, in combination with innovative technologies, Leica products continue to guarantee better pictures in all situations in the worlds of visualisation …
- Location Wetzlar, 05
- Categories Manufacturing
- Website http://leica-camera.com/
- Full profile for Leica
- Founded 1918
- Overview Panasonic Japan manufactures and sells various electronic and electric products under the Panasonic brand name worldwide. The company provides digital AV products, including flat TVs and projectors, Blu-ray disc players and recorders, Blu-ray disc theaters, DVD players and recorders, DVD home theaters, digital cameras, digital video cameras, dual cameras, accessories, and other products; mobile …
- Location Kadoma, 32
- Categories Hardware + Software
- Website http://www.panasonic.com
- Full profile for Panasonic