As our upcoming review of it will posit, I’m a pretty big fan of the AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G. It has its quirks — but overall, it’s one of the finest Android experiences around.
Samsung’s not quite done tinkering with the idea just yet, though — at least, not if this latest rumor pans out. According to word around the rumor mill, they’re taking the look and feel of the Infuse 4G, cranking the specs up from “impressive” to “downright beastly”, and slappin’ a T-Mobile logo on it.
The news comes from our buds over at ThisIsMyNext, who got the full rundown on the device and its purported spec list from an unnamed source.
Here’s what we know:
- Like the Infuse 4G, the “Hercules” will pack a 4.5″ 480×800 Super AMOLED Plus display
- It’ll ship with Android 2.3 (Infuse 4G currently runs 2.2)
- 16GB Internal Storage, with 1GB of RAM (and microSD support, of course)
- 1.2 Ghz Dual Core CPU (Infuse’s CPU is single core. The difference is fairly trivial right now, but it’s a spec that looks great on paper)
- NFC Support (which Infuse 4G lacks)
- 42 Mbps HSDPA, making it the fastest HSPA+ phone in the US
- 8 megapixel rear camera with 1080p video recording, plus a front-facing camera
Sounds pretty ridiculous, no? Here’s the catch: It’s not gonna be available for a while. If their tipster is hearin’ right, it’s not even going to be done steppin’ through its certification process for at least 3 months. Our advice? Don’t wait up for this one. The mobile world moves too fast to play the waiting game; by the time this one is released, rumors of a phone that puts this one to shame will be swirling about. Buy what you want, when you want it.