LOOX F-07C: Fujitsu's Symbian/Windows 7 Dual Boot Cell Phone Unveiled
It turns out the leak we blogged last month is true: Japan’s biggest mobile carrier NTT Docomo today officially introduced the Fujitsu LOOX F-07C as part of its summer line-up, and the device actually does dual-boot to Symbian and Windows 7 OS (not Windows Phone). Hardware-wise, the LOOX is pretty interesting, too.
Here are the main specs:
- Windows 7 Home Premium, 32-bit Japanese edition and Symbian double OS
- Microsoft Office Personal 2010
- slide-out QWERTY keyboard with trackball
- 4-inch LCD with 1,024×600 resolution
- 5MP CMOS camera
- 1GB memory
- 32GB eMMC
- 1.2GHz Intel Atom CPU
- 802.11b/g/n WiFi
- microSDHC slot (32GB max.)
- battery life in Windows 7 mode: 2 hours (after that, the device switches to Symbian mode automatically to save battery)
- size: 125mm×61mm×19.8mm, weight: 218g
Docomo will start distributing the LOOX F-07C in Japan this summer, but don’t expect the device to hit other markets anytime soon.