This week’s episode of OMG/JK is all-Google, all the time. Given the big shakeup at the top of the search giant (with co-founder Larry Page taking over the CEO role this week), it should be no surprise that a lot of interesting things are happening. But even more interesting is how things are shaking out.
The “open” debate has been kicked up a notch, there’s been a huge re-organization, and the big push towards a more social Google is finally beginning.
Jason and I debate all these things. And of course, we get into it over the whole “open” debate. Jason hates it when I say “‘open'”.
Watch the video above, and below find some posts relevant to this week’s episode:
- Android Chief Andy Rubin: Nothing’s Changed (Except The Deals They Don’t Talk About…)
- Big Bang At Google: Larry Page To Replace Eric Schmidt As CEO On April 4
- With +1, Google Search Goes Truly Social — As Do Google Ads
- The Product Shakeup At Google Begins
- To Figure Out Google’s Priorities, Just Look At Team Larry