With the rise of devices like the A500 and similar Honecomb-powered tablets, the Xoom has a very short window of opportunity to cash in on any potential sales. To remedy that, it seems that Verizon will be pushing out an LTE 4G 16GB Xoom tablet for what we can only assume will be considerably less than the $600 the 32GB Xoom costs currently.
Even Droid-Life’s tipster has no idea how much this 16GB model will cost but it’s an interesting fast-thinking move on Motorola’s part.
- Founded 1928
- Overview Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider that succeeded Motorola Inc. following the spin-off of the mobile phones division into Motorola Mobility Holdings, Inc. in 2011. The company is headquartered in Schaumburg, Illinois, a Chicago suburb. Motorola Solutions is composed of the Enterprise Mobility Solutions division of the former Motorola, …
- Location Schaumburg, Illinois
- Categories Enterprise Software
- Website http://www.motorolasolutions.com
- Full profile for Motorola Solutions
- Founded 2001
- Overview Xoom is a pioneer in the international money transfer market, providing consumers with an easy to use, cost-effective and safe way of sending money worldwide. With Xoom, consumers can send money to friends and family to 30 countries in Latin America, the Philippines, India, Europe, Australia and South Africa from the convenience of their mobile phone, tablet or computer. Xoom was founded …
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Categories E-Commerce, Finance, Financial Services, Payments
- Founders Kevin Hartz
- Website http://xoom.com
- Full profile for Xoom Corporation