Panasonic Japan today announced the SV-ME870 [JP], a portable, digital 7-inch VIERA TV. There are quite a few of these devices available in Japan, but this one is probably the “mobile TV” with the most features on board at this point.
Here are the main specs:
- 7-inch LCD screen with 800×480 resolution
- waterproof (protected against water immersion for 30 minutes at a depth of 1 meter)
- 4GB internal memory (for recording TV shows)
- Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g
- DLNA support
- digital (web) radio support
- YouTube connectivity
- MP3/AAC/WMA and JPEG support
- SD/SDHC/SDXC card slot, USB 2.0 port
- 300mW×2ch stereo speakers
- weight: 494g
Panasonic is planning to sell the SV-ME870 for around $500 but hasn’t set a release date yet. It looks like a cool device, but don’t expect it to be sold outside Japan anytime soon.