This week, I went to the unveiling of the iPad 2 and got some hands-on time with the device afterwards. Meanwhile, Jason bought a Xoom and has been extensively testing it out. The consensus? iPad 2: Good. Xoom: Bad. At least for now. I haven’t extensively played with iPad 2 yet, and Google is undoubtedly going to patch the Xoom. But still, first impressions are key.
Jason and I discuss these two products in depth in this week’s episode of OMG/JK, and we also dive into the upcoming group messaging war that is likely to break out at SXSW next week. Now that Facebook has bought Beluga and really kicked everything into a frenzy, the ultimate winners are far from clear.
Watch the episode above and check out some of the links below for more details on what we talk about.
- An iPad Lover’s (Initial) Thoughts On iPad 2
- Our Take: Apple’s iPad 2 Announcement
- Apple Announces The iPad 2: A5 Processor, Front And Back Cameras, Available March 11
- Review: Motorola Xoom – The Android Tablet Redefined
- Fly Or Die (Tablet Edition): The Motorola Xoom And The Kno
- Facebook Acquires Group Messaging Service Beluga In A Talent AND Technology Deal
- Beluga: I May Have Finally Found My Group Messaging White Whale
- GroupMe, Born At TechCrunch Disrupt, Secures Funding And Launches
- TextPlus Plays A Different Card In Group Messaging SXSW Battle: Your Heart Strings