Panasonic today announced [JP] the SV-MV100, a new media player with a special feature: it’s powered by Android 2.1. And it’s specifically designed to make it easier for users to view TV, and connect to the web and Panasonic home electronics.
Here are the main specs:
- 3.5-inch LCD touchscreen with 854×480 resolution
- OS: Android 2.1 (no access to the Android market, just marketplaces run by Japanese companies/Panasonic prepares apps for the player)
- IEEE 802.11b/g Wi-Fi
- Web browser for YouTube, email, RSS, Internet radio etc.
- digital TV tuner
- FM radio tuner
- 16GB internal memory
- SDHC/SDXC card support up to 64GB
- USB 2.0 port
- Panasonic VIERA and DIGA link (content from Panasonic Blu-ray players or TVs can be transferred to the SV-MV100 wirelessly)
- battery life: 4.5 hours
- weight: 130g
Panasonic plans to start selling the SV-MV100 in Japan on March 18 for $360.
Via AV Watch [JP]