The social enterprise wars are heating up. Last week, Jive’s Tony Zingale came on to talk about a user survey that showed quantifiable value his customers were getting from Jive’s software and answer why Yammer and Salesforce get the bulk of the industry press.
I invited Salesforce’s Marc Benioff and Yammer’s David Sacks on the show if they wanted to rebut anything said. Sacks took me up on it, bringing his own user survey, a funny video aimed at today’s Chatter launch, and some fighting words.
All are below.
- Founded 1999
- Overview Salesforce is a global cloud computing company that provides business software on a subscription basis. It is best known for its on-demand customer relationship management (CRM) solutions. It offers users with a customer community, partner community, developer community, and an app exchange marketplace. Salesforce provides its products and services to various industries, including healthcare, finance, …
- Location San Francisco, CA
- Categories Cloud Computing, Enterprises, Hardware + Software, Software
- Website https://www.salesforce.com
- Full profile for Salesforce
- Founded 2008
- Overview Yammer is an enterprise social network established to foster team collaboration, empower employees, and drive business transformation. It enables employees to collaborate in real time across departments, geographies, and business applications. It also helps them create groups to collaborate on projects and share and edit documents. The service of yammer.com can be accessed through the web, desktop …
- Location San Francisco, California
- Categories Twitter Applications, Networking, Enterprises, Web Development, Social Media, Enterprise Software
- Founders Adam Pisoni
- Website http://www.yammer.com
- Full profile for Yammer