Last week, we showed you the new multi-touch gestures that Apple plans to add to the iPad with iOS 4.3. We thought they looked pretty cool and useful. Well it turns out the gestures were merely a test and we shouldn’t expect them in iPad’s next update.
On the developer’s site:
This feature will not be enabled in iOS 4.3 for customers, but [Apple is] providing this preview to gather input on how these gestures work with [developer’s] apps.
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; iPod; Apple TV; a …
- Location Cupertino, California
- Categories Computers, Consumer Electronics, Hardware + Software
- Website http://apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Description The Apple iPad, formerly referred to as the Apple Tablet, is a touch-pad tablet computer announced in January 2010, and released in April 2010. It has internet capabilities running on either WiFi or 3G, and offers an optional dock with a full size mechanical keyboard. The iPad is a line of tablet computers designed, developed and marketed by Apple Inc. primarily as a platform for audio-visual media …
- Website http://www.apple.com/ipad
- Full profile for iPad
- Description iOS is Apple's operating system for their mobile devices. It debuted in 2007 with the release of the first iPhone, but has since been extended for use with the iPod touch, iPad, and Apple TV. iOS' user interface relies on users' direct manipulation of the product screen with multi-touch gestures, including swipes, pinches, taps, and reverse pinches.
- Website http://www.apple.com/ios
- Full profile for iOS