Toshiba’s first Android tablet, the Folio 100 (hands-on video), didn’t make a huge splash last year, but big T is preparing another model to showcase at the upcoming CES – and this one boasts some really impressive specs. It will be the first tablet offered by the company in the US (it’s announced for the first half of this year).
Here’s what Toshiba’s yet to be named device will offer:
- 10.1-inch capacitive touchscreen with 1,280 x 800-resolution (iPad: 1,024 × 768)
- Android Honeycomb
- NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor
- Wi-Fi connectivity (no 3G currently planned)
- GPS/compass, Bluetooth
- 5MP rear camera, 2MP front camera
- USB port, miniUSB port, HDMI interface with 1080p HD video output, SD card slot
- replaceable battery
- size: 10.7 x 6.9 x 0.6″, weight: 1.7lbs (iPad: 9.56 x 7.47 x 0.5″ at 1.5/1.6lbs)
Apart from the Android market, Toshiba is said to offer a Toshiba-branded app marketplace for games, movies and music plus another one exclusively for ebooks. There’s still time until Honeycomb is ready, which means that the spec list above isn’t necessarily final.