Japanese PC maker Onkyo, which rolled out three Windows tablets in its home market earlier this year, has unveiled an Android-based tablet that will go on sale (again, in Japan first) this week. Dubbed SlatePad TA117 [JP], the device features a slew of nice features.
Here are the main specs of the TA117C3 (Onkyo also offers another model, the TA117C1, with just 512MB RAM and 8GB flash memory):
- 10.1-inch LCD screen with 1,024×600 resolution
- Android 2.2
- NVIDIA Tegra 250 processor (1GHz)
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB flash memory
- one HDMI interface, two USB ports, one micro SDHC slot
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- 1.3MP camera
- internal mic, speakers
- 3-axis acceleration sensor
- 6.5 hours battery life
- size: 267x173x14.8mm, weight: 800g
No word on an international release (in Japan, Onkyo will be offering the SlatePad with an open price model).