Consider this your best opportunity for Internet fame. We want your take on the Xbox 360 Kinect. It doesn’t have to be deep or insightful. Just a video of you giving your honest take on the motion control system.
You could have your girlfriend hold your iPhone 4 while you give us a 30-second take or setup up a fancy-pants camera rig. We don’t care. We want them all. Reviews by one pundit on a general consumer devices like the Kinect are worthless. It’s not like reviewing a microwave or coffee maker Consumer Reports-style. Is the Kinect fun? Do you enjoy it? What’s your fav feature? Why do you hate it? That’s what we want to know. Click through for the details.
We tried this once before and got a few great responses, but not enough to compile a comprehensive video meta review. But the process is the same. Upload your video to any standard video sharing site like YouTube and then send us a link. We’ll sort through them all and then ask a bunch of you for the full video file. We’ll then combine them into one, massive user-made video review of random people flaring around. It’s going to be great.
- Host your video review at YouTube, Vimeo, or any other video sharing site
- Submit the link to email@example.com with the subject of Kinect Review
- We’ll request the raw video from a bunch of you for the metareview. Use Dropbox or other services for this.
- Videos need to be submitted by Sunday, November 14th for consideration.
Tips and tricks
- Scripts help a lot
- Use a tripod or stabilize the camera somehow
- Show the hardware and user interface
- Great lighting can compensate for a sub-par camera
- Please, no background music