TechCrunch Europe is looking for a freelance events and sponsorship organiser who will be responsible for the production of TechCrunch Europe events from conception through to completion, working closely with the Editorial team and partners across Europe. This job is also posted on CrunchBoard
Events will include:
• networking events (meetups, breakfasts etc etc)
• awards ceremonies
Location: Largely London-based, but available to work on events across the UK and Europe. Some travel involved where required.
The role of the event organiser will be hands-on and also involves working closely with the TechCrunch Europe editorial team and the Editor. Applicants must be able to complete a wide range of activities requiring clear communication, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, in addition to working well under pressure, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of an event. But it’s not just logistics. We’re also keen to find someone who can come up with speaker and content ideas in partnership with the editorial team.
What’s not in the role description:
The tech scene in Europe is a lot of fun. Check out The Europas or GeeknRolla for instance. And there are huge possibilities awaiting anyone who wants to get involved. We’re easy going, very flexible, work a lot on email, Twitter and IM (so no need for too many dull meetings) and don’t stand on ceremony.
Who would this suit?
We think this role would suit either an events company that wants to work with TechCrunch, an existing freelance contractor, or someone in an existing events company looking to strike out and use this as a basis to get into the tech scene. But it’s really about finding the right person for us.
Typical activities will include:
• dealing with an incoming stream of inquiries from sponsors and potential event partners;
• researching the market to identify opportunities for events;
• producing proposals for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets);
• agreeing to and managing a budget;
• securing and booking a suitable venue or location;
• ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to;
• coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire;
• liaising with confirmed speakers or special guests as invited by the editorial team;
• planning room layouts and the entertainment programme, scheduling presentations and panel discussions;
• coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings;
• selling sponsorship/stand/exhibition space to potential exhibitors/partners;
• preparing delegate joining instructions and papers;
• liaising with TechCrunch Europe on marketing and PR to promote the events
• coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly;
• speaker/stage management on the day, ensuring presentations and panel discussions run according to schedule;
• post-event evaluation and accounts.
• In addition there will be the opportunity to run sponsorship on new TechCrunch Europe products
What we offer:
• A commission structure designed to incentivise, with lots of potential
• The opportunity to become a key player on the tech scene in Europe
• The chance to become part of an awesome team building TechCrunch in Europe
In the first instance please email our admin assistant Jane Wagstaff on JaneEWagstaff [@] gmail.com