It’s a Kodak kind of morning. The company just released a new 1080p video camera, the PlayTouch ($229.95), complete with touchscreen along with an ultrathin 14-megapixel M590 ($199.95) digital camera with 5x optical zoom.
Kodak expands award-winning digital video camera portfolio
Rochester, NY, August 23, 2010 — Eastman Kodak Company today introduced the new KODAK PLAYTOUCH Video Camera, a sleek and stylish addition to its award-winning digital video camera portfolio. The pocket-size KODAK PLAYTOUCH Video Camera features a 3-inch capacitive touchscreen so consumers can easily glide through their HD videos with the swipe of a fingertip. With new on-camera editing and Kodak’s exclusive Share Button, the PLAYTOUCH Video Camera makes it easy for consumers to share their favorite moments with friends and family in full 1080p HD.
Complementing its unique design, the KODAK PLAYTOUCH Video Camera boasts an array of features to help consumers capture their memories with clarity and precision, including built-in image stabilization, LCD glare shield, and an external microphone jack. To make sharing videos simpler, the PLAYTOUCH Video Camera has a built-in USB arm and Kodak’s Share Button lets consumers tag videos and pictures directly on the camera for automatic upload to popular social networking sites once they connect the camera to the computer.
“Kodak has firmly established itself as a leader in the digital pocket video camera space since introducing its line in 2008, and continues to be one of the most highly rated and recommended in this category,” said Phil Scott, Vice President of Marketing, Digital Capture and Devices, Kodak. “We’re committed to providing our consumers with innovative and intuitive products that satisfy their needs. Whether it’s a night out on the town with friends or your child’s school play, the KODAK PLAYTOUCH Video Camera makes capturing and sharing your favorite moments simple and fun.”
KODAK PLAYTOUCH Video Camera Features:
• Share Button for easy video upload to YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK sites, and email
• 3-inch capacitive touchscreen LCD optimized for reviewing in landscape mode for the ultimate 1080p HD video sharing experience
• On-camera editing features to trim and extract still pictures from video
• 5 MP HD still pictures
• Sharper videos and less blur with built-in digital image stabilization
• Built-in USB arm for easy sharing, charging, and transferring
• Smart face tracking technology
• LCD glare shield feature
• External stereo microphone jack to add high-quality sound to videos or to plug in headphones for discreet playback*
• 4 capture effects, including B&W, sepia, high saturation, and ‘70s film look
• HDMI output (HDMI cable included)
• Up to 10 hours of HD video** with expandable SD/SDHC card slot (up to 32 GB)
• Li-Ion rechargeable battery with in-camera charging
• PC and MAC iLIFE product compatibility
The KODAK PLAYTOUCH Video Camera will be available in Smoke Gaze (Black), Chrome, Wine Country (Magenta), Cabana (Orange) and Spa Blue (Teal) for US $229.95 MSRP this fall at major retailers and Kodak.com
KODAK EASYSHARE M590 is World’s Thinnest* 5X Optical Zoom Digital Camera; Company Will Also Offer Larger KODAK PULSE Digital Frame
Rochester, NY, August 23, 2010 — Eastman Kodak Company today introduced the new KODAK EASYSHARE M590 Digital Camera, the ultimate social networking accessory for people who love to share their pictures. With Kodak’s exclusive Share Button, consumers can tag pictures and videos directly on the camera for effortless uploading to popular social networking sites including FACEBOOK, KODAK Gallery, FLICKR, ORKUT, and YOUTUBE. Pictures can also be tagged to email and to send to any KODAK PULSE Digital Frame.
The new KODAK EASYSHARE M590 Digital Camera is the world’s thinnest* 5X optical zoom digital camera. On top of its sleek, modern and stylish design, the camera also boasts advanced features including Kodak’s Face Recognition feature that makes it simple for consumers to find and share the pictures they want, and Kodak’s Smart Capture feature that helps them take better pictures automatically.
“We are thrilled to see how people have embraced Kodak’s Share Button as an easier way to share life’s moments with family and friends, in three simple steps,” said Phil Scott, Vice President of Marketing, Digital Capture and Devices, Kodak. “With the new KODAK EASYSHARE M590 Digital Camera, we are continuing our commitment to bring to market innovative, intuitive and stylish products that make it fun and easy for today’s socially savvy crowd to share all their favorite moments.”
Kodak’s Share Button gives consumers the ability to share pictures to multiple destinations at once; when they connect the camera to their computer, their pictures are automatically sent to the tagged destinations, saving valuable time and effort.
KODAK M590 Digital Camera Features:
• Share Button for easy upload to KODAK Gallery, FACEBOOK, FLICKR, ORKUT, and YOUTUBE sites, as well as email
• World’s thinnest* 5X optical zoom digital camera (uses SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH VARIOGON lens)
• Built-in image stabilization
• Kodak’s Face Recognition feature
• Kodak’s Smart Capture feature
• 2.7-inch bright LCD with KODAK Color Science technology
• Li-Ion rechargeable batteries and in-camera charging
• HD picture and video capture
• Uses MICROSD/MICROSDHC Card
The KODAK EASYSHARE M590 Digital Camera will be available this fall for US $199.95 MSRP in silver, red, purple and blue at major retailers and Kodak.com.