Doxie, the cute but functional little document scanner, just got an interesting update. Version 1.2 of the Doxie software adds a Devices tab which allows you to send scanned items to your iPhone or iPad. You can read those items on your iThingie using iBooks. This may make your iPad even more useful, and certainly opens new doors to productivity.
Here’s the full press release:
Doxie does iBooks: Send to iPhone, iPad, iOS 4 devices
ʻThe amazing scanner for documentsʼ adds Send to iBooks for access to scanned documents on the go; scan paper and photos directly to Evernote, Flickr, Google Docs, and more for just $129
RALEIGH, NC (July 22nd, 2010) — Doxie, the modern paper scanner just named Best Portable Scanner by Inc. Magazine in July 20101, has been updated with a new Devices button designed for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users. For home and small business, Doxie makes scanning, sharing, and organizing paper and photos easy for just $129, with a lightweight, portable design built for scanning anywhere. With the new Doxie + iBooks software update, users can now send scanned PDF documents from the Doxie software to their iOS device for convenient reading and reference anywhere.
“Doxie pioneered scanning documents to the cloud while on the move, directly to services like Evernote and Google Docs,” said Paul Scandariato, vice president of marketing. “Now, with our new Doxie + iBooks update, you can send your scans to your iPhone with the same simplicity.”
At an ultra-light 10.9 ounces, Doxie is built to travel – scan with any PC or Mac with just one connection. Doxie is always ready to scan, offering crisp, clean copies of documents in full color at up to 600 dpi thanks to its patented scanning technology. A single button – Doxieʼs Heart Button – makes sharing anything on paper fast and seamless. Scan to local apps, or use Doxieʼs on-screen “Cloud” and “Devices” buttons to scan to popular web apps and iPhone.
- Color scanning at up to 600 dpi with automatic page detection
- Lightweight, ultra-portable design with included case
- Doxieʼs Heart Button: innovative multi-action button for one press scanning and sharing
- Included software for simple scanning and direct cloud sharing
- Direct integration with popular desktop and web apps like Google Docs, Picasa, and more
- Automatic cropping, rotation, contrast, and image cleanup for crisp, clean scans
- Advanced photo editing with direct support for the Picnik online photo editing suite
- Save as PDF, JPEG, or lossless PNG
- Fully accessorized with cloud scanning software, USB cable, quick start guide, leatherette case, and photo scanning sleeves
Pricing & Availability
Doxie is now shipping for $129.00, direct from www.getdoxie.com. Existing Doxie users can upgrade to the new Doxie + iBooks Edition at www.getdoxie.com/support at no charge. iTunes 9.2 and iBooks 1.1.1 (released Monday, July 19th — 3 days ago) are required to use iOS integration features.
Doxie is available to ship to the United States, Canada, the European Union, Japan, and Australia. System requirements are Windows XP/Vista/7, or Mac OS X 10.5 or later; one free USB 2.0 port. For complete product information, or to place an order, visit: http://www.getdoxie.com.