Droid X update coming today (maybe)
The first update to the spankin’ new Droid X was actually pushed to a small number of handsets before the device was even released, but whispers abound the webz today are saying the update could be making its way onto everyone else’s handsets as early as right freakin’ now.
Droid Life‘s sources have said that version 1.13.604.en.US of the Droid X software may just start popping up on handsets today.
But what changes does it bring? Well, according to a super-secret pdf unearthed at the Android Central forums, the update includes:
- Improved battery charging status indicator.
- Smoother transition for camera and camcorder functions.
- Redesign of weather widget icons.
- Faster Exchange ActiveSync® email loading.
- Streamlined organization of newly downloaded applications.
- Organized favorite contacts by call count.
- Updated Bluetooth® connection for enhanced video sharing experience.
- Coordinated date and time across phone displays.
- Cleaner looking status bar for GPS symbol.
- Improved sync capabilities for 3G Mobile Hotspot.
- Faster Visual Voice Mail loading.
Excited? Well, calm down, dude! Remember the grains of salt, and try not to think about it until you get the special pop-up on your new toy.