Tesla unveiled its newest electric sports car today, the Roadster 2.5, just two days after its IPO. The Roadster 2.0 was released only a year ago, and existing customers will be able to buy upgrades to 2.5 features where feasible.
Pricing starts at $101,500 after a federal tax credit of $7,500.
The company says most of the updates are based on customer feedback.
Here’s Tesla’s rundown of what’s new in the 2.5:
• A new look, which includes a new front fascia with diffusing vents, and rear diffuser reflecting the future of Tesla design
• Directional forged wheels available in both silver and black
• New seats with improved comfort, larger more supportive bolsters and a new lumbar support system
• Power control hardware that enables spirited driving in exceptionally hot climates
• An optional 7″ touchscreen display with back-up camera
• Improved interior sound reduction including new front fender liner material make the cabin even quieter