Oh you’re so silly, HP. Why would you hide a clever function for the front-panel LEDs on the HP StorageWorks X310 Windows Home Server? I mean, who wouldn’t want their status LEDs to chase like KITT’s grill lights or strobe Christmas lights-style? This should be a standard option, not hidden by a keyboard command. Anyway, click through for a quick video demo and instructions to unlock this hidden function.
To enable it you need to:
- Launch the Home Server Console by double clicking on the tray icon.
- Hold down the Ctrl + Alt + Shift keys and click on the picture of the computer next to the LED brightness control.
- The control changes to “HP Data Vault LED Light Show”
You can now select from the following light displays:
- Default System Lights
- Holiday Lights (perfect for this time of year)
- Descending Chasers (in blue, red or purple)
- Ascending Chasers (in blue, red or purple)
- Pulsing (in all colors)
- Night Rider (in all colors)
- Morse Code Credits