Remember the Galaxy Pro? It popped up around the rumor mill almost immediately after the Galaxy S was announced, and was supposedly a nearly identical phone, with one major difference: a big ol’ full QWERTY physical keyboard.
It disappeared for some time after its first leak, only to make another appearance last week. And now.. it’s real. It’s oh, oh-so-real.
Samsung and Sprint just pulled back the curtains minutes ago. They’re not spilling the beans on price or a launch date just yet, but the specs are enough to keep me patient:
- WiMax support, making this the second phone to support Sprint’s 4G network
- Android 2.1
- Two cameras: One 5 megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash and HD video recording on the back, and a VGA camera on the front.
- 1Ghz Cortex A8 “Hummingbird” CPU
- Mobile hotspot support for up to 5 devices
- WiFi b/g/n
- 1500 mAh battery
- 4.0″ inch Super AMOLED display
Oh, and of course, that monstrous (and I mean that in the best sense) QWERTY keyboard.
Look out, EVO 4G.