Toshiba in Japan announced [JP] a new Qosmio laptop today, the Dynabook Qosmio V65. The main selling point of the device (of all Qosmios, in fact) is the “multi-media” capability: Toshiba promises that the laptop produces high-quality images, thanks to the SpursEngine coprocessor (that Toshiba has been using in its CELL TV and Qosmio laptops since 2008), LED backlight, and the 15.6-inch “Clear SuperView LED” HD TFT screen with 1,366×768 resolution.
Here are the other specs:
- Blu-ray drive
- digital TV tuner
- Intel Core i5-450M CPU (2.40GHz)
- 4GB RAM (8GB max.)
- 500GB HDD
- built-in harman/kardon stereo speakers
- four USB ports, HDMI interface
- Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
- 0.3MP CMOS web cam
- Windows 7 Home Premium (32/64bit) as the OS
Toshiba is planning to sell the Dynabook Qosmio V65 in Japan from June 17 (price: $1,960). Expect the device to hit other markets soon, too.