Seagate just made the already-potent FreeAgent Theater+ a bit more powerful. A firmware is now available that adds Netflix, YouTube, Medifly, and vTuner along with a host of small user-interface changes to the player. All users need to do is run the automated update if the device is connected to the Internet or download it from Seagate. Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.
Not only does the update add the media streaming services, but it also address a few UI quirks.
- Improved MP3 cover art and tagging
- Redesigned homepage view featuring better access to Internet and network applications
- Redesigned thumbnail view for easier browsing of movies, pictures and music
- Skip time option when watching movies to jump forward by 20 minute intervals
- Ability to create screensavers using personal photos
- Easy sorting of files when browsing network attached devices
The update is free but users must have a subscription to Netflix — you probably already knew that, though.