Intel pundit Kevin Kahn has predicted that Light Peak may overtake USB 3.0 before the latter really even gets started. The 10Gbps standard is poised to become the mainstream technology as soon as 2011, beating the technology it’s intended to replace to the mainstream.
While Light Peak is currently considered to work with USB 3.0, the blazing speed could serve to make it become the standard before the older technology has a chance to take off. Mr. Kahn stated that Light Peak will become available to PC manufacturers later this year, and will ship in early 2011.
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; iPod; Apple TV; a …
- Location Cupertino, California
- Categories Computers, Consumer Electronics, Hardware + Software
- Website http://apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Founded 1968
- Overview Intel Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells integrated digital technology platforms worldwide. It operates through PC client group, data center group, other Intel architecture, software and services, and other segments. The company’s platforms are used in various computing applications such as notebooks, desktops, servers, tablets, smartphones, automobile infotainment systems, automated factory …
- Location Santa Clara, California
- Categories Hardware + Software
- Website http://www.intel.com
- Full profile for Intel