If there was even an smidgen of lingering doubt in your mind that Verizon was picking up the HTC Incredible, you really ought to read this site more often. We saw photos of this thing decked out in its Verizon garb months ago, and then again just weeks later. Leak, after leak, after monstrous, undeniable-confirmation leak, all signs were pointing to Verizon.
Well, now Verizon has gone ahead and fessed up.
Beginning April 29th, the Verizon Droid Incredible will be available for $199.99 on a 2-year contract. If you’ve been holding out for the Verizon version of the Nexus One, go ahead and jump ship for this one now: it’s essentially the same phone, albeit with a boxier shape, a beefier camera (8 megapixel vs. 5), and HTC’s custom Sense user interface overhaul running on top of Android 2.1
Check out the full spec sheet below:
- Android 2.1 with HTC Sense experience
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon™ processor for maximum responsiveness
- Friend Stream for unified Flickr, Facebook and Twitter updates
- “Leap” view for quick access to all seven home screen panels
- 8 megapixel camera with dual LED flash for crisp, detailed images
- Razor-sharp 3.7 inch WVGA (480×800) AMOLED capacitive touch display
- Optical joystick for smooth navigation
- Dedicated, touch-sensitive Home, Menu, Back and Search keys
- Proximity sensor, light sensor and digital compass
- Integrated GPS
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
- 3.5 mm headset jack