When developer Rich Hong published a sneak preview video of his home-made Dashboard app for iPad, plenty of commentators deemed it cool and a potentially very useful addition to the tablet device’s software stack.
Alas, Cupertino has now rejected the app for “contradicting the iPad’s user experience”, whatever that means (I guess Apple doesn’t want even a hint of multi-tasking on the iPad until they decide to add support for it). Hong has swiftly made the code for the app open source on GitHub, enabling other developers to compile it for themselves and/or their social circle.
I bet it’d look great on a jailbroken iPad, too.
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; iPod; Apple TV; a …
- Location Cupertino, California
- Categories Computers, Consumer Electronics, Hardware + Software
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Description The Apple iPad, formerly referred to as the Apple Tablet, is a touch-pad tablet computer announced in January 2010, and released in April 2010. It has internet capabilities running on either WiFi or 3G, and offers an optional dock with a full size mechanical keyboard. The iPad is a line of tablet computers designed, developed and marketed by Apple Inc. primarily as a platform for audio-visual media …
- Website http://www.apple.com/ipad
- Full profile for iPad
- Description Dashboard.io is a platform for funded start-ups to connect with each other and benchmark against their investors' portfolios. Many funded startups use the platform daily to connect with a larger network of founders, employees, and mentors within networks like 500 Startups, TechStars, Startup Chile, and more. Dashboard.io was launched by Disruption Corporation.
- Website https://dashboard.io/
- Full profile for Dashboard
- Founded 2008
- Overview GitHub is a web-based company that offers code hosting services. It is a platform that allows its users to discuss and share codes with friends, co-workers, classmates and complete strangers, and track and assign issues to other teammates. In addition to code hosting services, GitHub also offers a control system for the collaborative development of software; provides access to several collaboration …
- Location San Francisco, California
- Categories Software, Services, Internet
- Founders Chris Wanstrath, PJ Hyett
- Website https://github.com
- Full profile for GitHub