Sling-fan Dave Zatz has some information about their upcoming iPad plans. The company is moving towards H.264 and Silverlight for future versions of the software, increasing potential resolution over the current 320×240.
They basically said:
When it makes a noticeable difference in quality, we will definitely provide higher resolution streaming. The iPad is a good example of a device where we are hard at work on this, but unfortunately it won’t be there at the April launch.
Which is bittersweet, isn’t it? The future, so close, yet so far.
- Description The Apple iPad, formerly referred to as the Apple Tablet, is a touch-pad tablet computer announced in January 2010, and released in April 2010. It has internet capabilities running on either WiFi or 3G, and offers an optional dock with a full size mechanical keyboard. The iPad is a line of tablet computers designed, developed and marketed by Apple Inc. primarily as a platform for audio-visual media …
- Website http://www.apple.com/ipad
- Full profile for iPad
- Founded 1974
- Overview Microsoft is an American multinational corporation that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer web browser. Its flagship hardware products are Xbox game console and the Microsoft …
- Location Redmond, Washington
- Categories Video Games, Software
- Founders Bill Gates
- Website http://www.microsoft.com
- Full profile for Microsoft
- Description Silverlight is a development tool that enables users to create engaging, interactive user experiences for web and mobile applications. It is an application framework for writing and running rich internet applications with features and purposes similar to those of Adobe Flash. In Silverlight applications and user interfaces are declared in extensible application markup language (XAML) and programmed …
- Website http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/silverlight/bb187358.aspx
- Full profile for Silverlight