Even as Windows Mobile 7 is set to wow us, more and more manufacturers are heading towards Android. Case in point: the Acer Liquid e. This 786MHz Snapdragon device is as bog standard as they come with GPS, WiFi, and HSDAP support. It also runs Android 2.1 and should be nice and fast. It has a 3.5-inch display and looks like a Zune mated with an N1.
The saddest thing about Android? Now every Android phone will basically be a meh-too launch. Android is the new feature phone. No availability or price, but apparently the name “Liquid e” is actually a date rape drug. Fancy!
Acer Liquid e
Socialize in high definition
Barcelona, 15-18 february 2010 – Acer is proud to present Liquid e, the new version of the already well known Liquid smartphone.
Acer Liquid e features the latest Android™ 2.1 Operating System (aka Éclair). Building on the processing and graphical capabilities of the Qualcomm™ Snapdragon™ and its high definition screen, Liquid e is the state-of-the-art for multimedia, web browsing, and social media integration. It should thrill both avid users of internet on-the-go and new users eager to experience the rich possibilities offered by this innovative device.
This appealing high definition smartphone is the ideal solution for users demanding the best from their devices and in particular for high-definition video playback or streaming, gaming and browsing smoothly rich-content internet sites.
What’s new on Liquid e with Android Éclair 2.1:
• Home screens – The new version now handles five home screens by default, allowing users to easily install more applications from the rich selection available on the Android Market, as well as shortcuts and widgets;
• Quick Contacts – a feature that lets users easily switch between the address book and the social network applications;
• Live wallpapers to customize your Liquid e on the fly;
• A new keyboard layout with an extended dictionary for predictive input;
• An updated version of the Android browser, supporting HTML5, double-tap zooming, video tagging support and geo-location API support.
With its 3.5″ high-d