The AT&T Navigator app for iPhone got an update recently, and adds an interesting new feature. From any menu screen, simply shake the iPhone to make the app route you to a predefined “home” address. No need to work through the menus: simply shake your phone. That sounds like a convenient feature. It only works from a menu screen, not when a route is already engaged, so you don’t need to worry about potholes or a bumpy road redirecting you en route.
Other updates include
- Speed Limit Display & Alerts: Navigation screen includes speed limit information and provides visual alerts if the limit is exceeded
- Last Trip Origin: Once a trip is completed, users can easily return to the origin of their last trip by accessing the “Recent Places” menu
- Nighttime Maps: The brightness levels of map screens are adjusted for nighttime driving for easier viewing
- Improved Route Avoidance Options: Drivers may now choose to avoid routes that make use of high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes or choose to avoid routes that include toll roads
- Improved Pedestrian Mode: Users will be able to clearly identify when they are navigating in pedestrian mode with the introduction of a new pedestrian icon on the map screen
And here’s a video showing some of these features in action: