Are you a budding Web entrepreneur who would like some pointers or advice from seasoned company founders? MayField Fund and First Round Capital are sponsoring a raffle to give away mentoring sessions with the founders of Digg (Jay Adelson), Flickr (Caterina Fake), Mint (Aaron Patzer), Ning (Gina Bianchini), Slide (Max Levchin), and Zynga (Mark Pincus).
The raffle will take place at a private event in Silicon Valley with space for 100 attendees on March 1. But you can win a ticket for the event by applying here. The event and raffle are free, but the 100 attendees in the running will be selected beforehand by partners at Mayfield and First Round.
Winners of the raffle do not get to become Best Friends Forever with the founders. But they will get one intense mentoring session each.
- Founded 2007
- Overview Zynga was founded in July 2007 by Mark Pincus and is named for his late American Bulldog, Zinga. Loyal and spirited, Zinga's name is a nod to a legendary African warrior queen. The early supporting founding team included Eric Schiermeyer, Michael Luxton, Justin Waldron, Kyle Stewart, Scott Dale, John Doerr, Steve Schoettler, Kevin Hagan, and Andrew Trader. Zynga's mission is connecting the …
- Location San Francisco, California
- Categories Networking, Technology, Facebook Applications, Games
- Website http://www.zynga.com
- Full profile for Zynga
- Founded 2006
- Overview Mint is an extensible, self-hosted web site analytics program. Its interface is an exercise in simplicity. Visits, referrers, popular pages and searches can all be taken in at a glance on Mint's flexible dashboard.
- Location Mountain View, CA
- Categories Curated Web, Finance
- Website http://www.mint.com
- Full profile for Mint
- Founded 2004
- Overview Flickr is a mobile application and social network that offers an online photo sharing network for its users. It provides its users with the ability to capture, share, and view a number of images related to many categories. The application also provides its users with the ability to integrate the application with the camera of the device and capture professional photographs in high resolution. …
- Location Sunnyvale, CA
- Categories Photography, Social Media, Photo Sharing, Video
- Website http://www.flickr.com
- Full profile for Flickr
- Founded 2004
- Overview Digg Inc. operates a website that enables its users to find, read, and share the most interesting and talked about stories on the internet. It is an editorially driven front page, aiming to select stories related to science, politics, and viral internet issues. It also enables users to find stories on their iOS or Android devices through its mobile apps; and delivers stories via daily emails. …
- Categories Internet, Social Media, Developer Tools
- Website http://www.digg.com
- Full profile for Digg
- Founded 2004
- Overview With over 2 million communities created to date, Ning is the world’s largest SaaS platform for deploying vibrant social communities and web sites. Founded by Marc Andreessen and Gina Bianchini in 2004, Ning was acquired by Glam Media in December 2011 to bring together Ning’s world-class social-native technology with Glam’s premium advertising solutions to help consumers and brands create and …
- Location Brisbane, CA
- Categories Enterprise Software, Communities, Software
- Founders Marc Andreessen
- Website http://www.ning.com
- Full profile for Ning by Glam Media