Don’t you just hate it when some big dumb press release company spills the beans on your top secret product long before you intended? Wait, you’ve never experienced that? Well, neither have we. We were just trying to, you know, connect with our readers or something.
Sony Ericsson, on the other hand, has felt that burn. Just today, in fact! We’d already heard rumors and tales of an 8 megapixel Symbian phone called the Sony Ericsson Kurara; thanks to some mis-scheduling, it’s now about as official as things get.
Here’s what we learned before they pulled down the presser:
- The Kurara is now called the “Vivaz”. We liked the old name better; it reminded me of that “your crew run run” line in Notorious B.I.Gs “Hypnotize“.
- It will launch sometime in Q1 of 2010 — in other words, sometime in the next 2-3 months.
- Four colors: Silver Moon, Cosmic Black, Galaxy Blue and Venus Ruby.
- 8.1 megapixel camera, capable of recording video at 720p, with continuous autofocus, geotagging, smile detection, and image stabilization.
- It’ll run S60 5th edition with the same stylistic tweaks as you’d find on the Sony Ericsson Satio
One detail the press release skimped on was the price. According to the dudes over at PhoneArena, we should expect it to come in somewhere between $670 and $750 bucks.