Apple has been fighting for a permanent injunction against Psystar, preventing the company from selling Hackintoshen and their Rebel EFI software. The company has been accused of “trafficking in circumvention devices.”
AppleInisder reports that Pystar has less than $50,000 in assets and that Apple noted “Even if Psystar could pay damages, the harm to Apple’s brand, reputation and goodwill is unquantifiable.”
Oh well. You can always do this.
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; Apple TV; a portfolio …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Electronics, Retail, Hardware, Software
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Overview [Psystar](http://www.psystar.com) is famous for its "OpenMac" line of Mac clones, which were released in early 2008. The devices are standard PC hardware running a hacked copy of Mac OS X. Psystar sells the machines at a fraction of the price of Apple branded hardware.
- Location Doral, FL
- Categories Consumer Electronics
- Website http://www.psystar.com
- Full profile for Psystar