Here are some random upcoming events
• CloudStorm event in Paris, December 1
CloudStorm provides a showcase of cloud computing solutions covering a wide range of areas including application development and deployment, infrastructure, storage, video management and SAAS from leading European technology vendors. It is free for attendees to go to and it is paid for content – i.e. each sponsor/vendor pays for their 5 min presentation slot. These are not really startups paying to pitch, but it is actual larger CloudComputing vendors paying to promote themselves to an audience of probably startups and others. So from that point of view it could be useful. The presentations are followed by a panel discussion with visitors invited to a mini expo and networking party.
• Superfeedr have been selected as a startup to present at Le Web. And, like any startup, they got 2 tickets. But they had the idea to offer the other ticket to the developer who creates the best application out of their “Rivers” feature. The rivers, is an atom-stream (a comet-like HTTP connection that never ends) along which we stream new entries at a frequency of at most 1 every 3 seconds. More info here:
• Silicon Valley Comes to Cambridge this week and still has a free debate on Thursday night which you can register for featuring some awesome speakers.
• There is the free UKTI Pitch Workshop on 30th November, in association with TechCrunch Europe. Contact Petra Johansson on firstname.lastname@example.org for details
• Heroes of The Mobile Screen looks interesting.