Each year we happily promote the Mobile Premier Awards because we think they are among the best initiatives for mobile startups, especially in Europe. Here’s the info:
The Mobile Premier Awards recognize the year’s best in Mobile Startup Innovation and are the largest open, global startup competition in the mobile industry. The awards are the point of reference in startup premiers during the Mobile World Congress on February 15, 2010 in Barcelona and are organized in collaboration with some of the main networks in the industry.
The Mobile Premier Awards 2010 will include the following awards:
* MPA in Innovation – The best grassroots startup innovation chosen by their peers in partnership with MobileMonday
The MobileMonday chapters will vote for their local most innovative startup. An international jury of the most recognized mobile industry experts will select the 20 finalists from all the local chapter nominees to pitch at the event in Barcelona in front of investors, operators, media companies, peer entrepreneurs, and press and influential bloggers.
* MPA in Marketing – The best startup in Mobile Marketing
* MPA in Entertainment – The best startup in Mobile Entertainment in partnership with the Mobile Entertainment Forum
* MPA in User Experience – The best startup in Mobile User Experience in partnership with MEX.
* MPA in Social Change – The best startup using mobile for social change in partnership with MobileActive.org
* MPA in Female Entrepreneurship – The best woman-lead mobile startup in partnership with Women2.0 and the Women in Mobile Data Association
Participation to these awards is free and open to any startup with a mobile angle.