Behold! The Toshiba JournE Touch! Behold its icons and weep!
The JournE touch is a communication and infotainment hub for the whole family
• Easy access to the internet and social networks such as YouTube, Acetrax video on demand, MSN Messenger and RSS feeds
• Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g built in, supporting WEP, WPA. WPA2
• Measures 189mm (w) x 133.6mm (d) x 14mm (h) and weighs only 450grams
• 7‘‘ TFT touch sensitive display with LED backlight
• Brightness: typ. 250 cd/m2, Contrast: typ. 300:1
• Supported file formats: Picture: JPEG; Audio, MP3, WMA, Video: MPEG 4, H.264,divX, WMV
• Win CE 6.0 pro with Internet Explorer and Windows Multimedia Player 9.0
• YouTube: the most used video sharing platform that allows people to easily upload and share video clips
• Acetrax: Video on demand service with the possibility of downloading and streaming movies directly on the device
• FrameChannel: allows users to choose from a panel of different content providers what should be pushed down to their devices (TVs, MIDs, picture frames, set-top boxes).
• Picasa: organizes users’ personal photos on an online platform and makes photo sharing with friends and family members easy.
• Flickr: a popular online photo management and sharing application
• MSN Messenger: voice and message-based chatting • RSS: RSS feeds keep users posted about news, weather,
financials, or sports.
Content sharing on a TV set
Full PR after the jump.
Home Multimedia Tablet: Toshiba unveils JournE touch
Family touch screen device offering easy and instant-on access to web based services and social networks.
Neuss, Germany, 3rd September 2009 –Toshiba Europe GmbH today launched the Toshiba JournE touch, a portable, wireless home multimedia tablet with a 7” (17,78 cm) touch screen display which serves as a communication and infotainment centre for all housemates. The easy to use JournE touch enables users to browse the internet and download digital content at a fingertip – anywhere in the house and whenever as the device boots instantaneously. The JournE touch will be available from the forth quarter 2009 on via selected resellers in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Not mine but ours – a communication hub for the whole family
“With the launch of the JournE touch, Toshiba is entering a new market for portable home multimedia devices,” says Marco Perino, General Manager PC Options, Peripherals and Service Division, Toshiba Europe GmbH. “The wireless device complements families’ digital lifestyles by offering easy access to and sharing of information, entertainment, and multimedia files from anywhere in the home.” It even cements family ties and friendships as it facilitates to stay in touch with relatives or friends wherever they are living via social networks and messaging services.
Easy and quick access to the world of online services
“The JournE touch is a wonderful innovation and we are particularly excited to think about the ways and places people will be able to interact and engage with YouTube using the device,” says Francisco Varela, YouTube Strategic Partnership Development Manager based in San Bruno, California, USA.
Youtube is one service out of a broad assortment which is preset on the JournE touch to ensure quick and easy access via WLAN to information, fun, entertainment, and social platforms:
Facts & Figures
An optional available cradle for JournE touch comes with an USB port and an HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) to provide for a connection to a laptop or a TV set to display content – self generated photos and videos or content downloaded from the internet – on a larger screen and share it with other family members. “Certainly one of the most exciting features of the new JournE touch is its capability to bring interactive services like Video on Demand not only to people’s fingertips but also right onto their TV screens at home,” says Rolf Uwe Placzek, CEO of Acetrax, the European multi- territory digital movie retailer holding agreements with major Hollywood studios as well as Independents and record labels.
Infotainment at your fingertip
Users can navigate around the 7” (17,78 cm) LCD 16:9 LED backlit touch screen with a fingertip menu and digital keyboard. The JournE touch is customizable as users can easily add applications, change icons and insert new links to favorite online platforms. The multimedia device measures 189 mm (w) x 133.6 mm (d) x 14 mm (h) and weighs only 450 grams. The Lithium-Polymer battery can run for up
to 14 hours, allowing plenty of time to play music. Videos or exploring the internet is possible for up to two hours. It comes with an internal memory of 1 GB that can be extended with an additional SD card of up to 32 GB.
00 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing US$67 billion (as of March 31st, 2009).