On one hand, the Addonics Pocket Blu-ray/DVDRW packs eSATA and USB 2.0, but it isn’t the first portable Blu-ray
player drive. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Fastmac released an external Blu-ray player drive back in January at Macworld, which I believe was the first external Blu-ray drive. I guess eSATA isn’t that important to me and the $259 price tag is a bit much considering the Fastmac drive is $120. Read and write speeds are nothing to drool over either.
* Play Blu-ray™ or regular DVD movie on your computer
* Fast eSATA or USB 2.0 connection
* Reads data from all popular DVD and CD format – Blu-ray , standard DVD and CD
* Write to DVD+/- R/RW/DL media and CD-R/RW media
* Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video on compatible DVD+R DL (dual layer) and DVD-R DL(dual layer) media
* Small foot print – size of a double stack CD jewel case
* Choice of rugged anodized aluminum case for heavy duty use or ABS plastic enclosure
* Light weight
* Compatible with Cyberlink High-Def Suite and ArcSoft Blu-Ray playback software for use in Windows XP, 2003, and Vista.
* Plug and play under Windows 98SE, Me, 2000, XP, 2003 server, Vista, Linux (kernel 2.4 or higher), Solaris 8 and higher, Mac OS X 9.0 and above
* Power directly from USB port*
* 110/240V power adapter included
* *RoHS Compliant