Canon rolled out a bunch of new cams yesterday and just like clockwork, Amazon has them up for preorder. Don’t believe they are on sale though. The “Our Price” is set right at the MSRP even though Amazon says they are on sale.
For instance: Amazon has the “List Price” for the G11 as $599 with a $100 discount, which brings the price down 17% to $499. Well, folks, the MSRP of the G11 is $499 according to the press release. The same shinanagins is happening to the rest of the recently announced PowerShot cameras. Kind of shady, Amazon. Kind of shady.
- Founded 1994
- Overview Amazon is an e-commerce retailer formed originally to provide consumers with products in two segments. It offers users with merchandise and content purchased for resale from vendors and those offered by third-party sellers. Operating in North American and International markets, Amazon provides its services through websites such as amazon.com and amazon.ca. It also enables authors, musicians, filmmakers, …
- Location Seattle, Washington
- Categories Delivery, Groceries, Software, Internet, Retail, Consumer Goods, Crowdsourcing, E-Commerce
- Founders Jeff Bezos
- Website http://amazon.com
- Full profile for Amazon
- Founded 1937
- Overview Canon Inc. Kyanon kabushiki-gaisha is a Japanese multinational corporation specialized in the manufacture of imaging and optical products, including cameras, camcorders, photocopiers, steppers, computer printers and medical equipment. Its headquarters are located in Ōta, Tokyo, Japan. Canon has a primary listing on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the TOPIX index. It has a secondary …
- Location Tokyo, Tokyo
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Hardware + Software, Image Recognition
- Website http://www.canon.com
- Full profile for Canon