Get this! The iPhone is the most popular camera on Flickr! And it isn’t even a camera! LOL! According to Flickr’s camera finder the iPhone beat out the Canon Rebel XTi and other big players in the DSLR game.
The The LA Times notes that this isn’t a “shift” in consumer choice but a change in the way folks use phones. After all, people who use iPhones take lots of pictures and can send them to Flickr pretty easily? I’d wager that more people have iPhones, for example, than have Rebel XTis. And they definitely have more iPhones than 40Ds or Nikon D80s.
Sadly there’s no information regarding the use of disc film.
- Description Apple's iPhone was introduced at MacWorld in January 2007 and officially went on sale June 29, 2007, selling 146,000 units within the first weekend of launch. The phone has been hailed as revolutionary with its bundle of advanced mobile web browsing, music and video playback, and touch screen controls. The iPhone is exclusively carried on the networks of both AT&T and Verizon in the U.S. An iPhone …
- Website http://www.apple.com/iphone
- Full profile for iPhone
- Founded 1937
- Overview Canon Inc. Kyanon kabushiki-gaisha is a Japanese multinational corporation specialized in the manufacture of imaging and optical products, including cameras, camcorders, photocopiers, steppers, computer printers and medical equipment. Its headquarters are located in Ōta, Tokyo, Japan. Canon has a primary listing on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the TOPIX index. It has a secondary …
- Location Tokyo, Tokyo
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Hardware + Software, Image Recognition
- Website http://www.canon.com
- Full profile for Canon
- Founded 2004
- Overview Flickr is a mobile application and social network that offers an online photo sharing network for its users. It provides its users with the ability to capture, share, and view a number of images related to many categories. The application also provides its users with the ability to integrate the application with the camera of the device and capture professional photographs in high resolution. In addition, …
- Location Sunnyvale, California
- Categories Photo Sharing, Photography, Video, Social Media
- Website http://www.flickr.com
- Full profile for Flickr
- Founded 1917
- Overview Nikon Corporation is engaged in the manufacture and sale of optics and imaging instruments. It operates in three segments: precision equipment, imaging products, and instruments. The precision equipment segment offers IC/LCD steppers and scanners that are used for manufacturing integrated circuits, liquid crystal display panels, and organic electroluminescence panels for smartphones and tablet computers. The …
- Location Melville, New York
- Categories Photography
- Website http://www.nikon.com
- Full profile for Nikon