It seems Japan, the country with the most advanced mobile infrastructure on the globe, has come to embrace the iPhone. According to a survey conducted by market research company GfK‘s Japanese subsidiary [JP], the 32GB model of the iPhone 3GS was the most popular phone in Japan last month.
And the 16GB was ranked 9th in the list of phone contracts. Both phones came out in Japan in June this year.
Here’s the complete breakdown of Japan’s most popular cell phones last month:
1. Apple iPhone 3GS 32 GB
2. Sharp SH-06A (AQUOS cell phone with 10MP CCD camera and 3.3-inch touch screen)
3. Panasonic 830P (extra-easy operation)
4. Sharp SH-05A (8MP CCD camera and waterproof)
5. NEC N-08A (extra-slim (13.9mm) cell phone with 8MP camera and 3-inch WVGA display)
6. Sony Ericsson Walkman Phone Premier3 (3-inch display with 480×854 resolution and superior audio quality)
7. Sharp SH-02A (supports specially designed fonts, 3-inch ASV display)
8. Casio W63CA (8.1-megapixel camera phone with 3.1-inch OLED display)
9. Apple iPhone 3GS 16 GB
10. Sharp SH001 (featuring a 8.0 megapixel CCD camera with face recognition function)
Via Mainichi Shimbun