J.D Power and Associates just issued Volume 2 of their Wireless Customer Care report, which runs from January to June of 2009.
It’s a big three-way tie this time around, with T-Mobile, Alltel, and Verizon all taking a victory lap. AT&T follows behind with an “About Average” (3/5) rating, while Sprint stumbles with a paltry 2/5.
At this point, T-Mobile can pretty much build a small fort out of these little glass trophies, having taken one home 9 out of the last 10 reports. Don’t be too surprised if these things start popping on the garage sale circuit.
- Founded 1983
- Overview Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information and entertainment services. It is a Dow 30 company that employs a diverse workforce of more than 180,000 dedicated employees around the world. It serves mass market, business, government, and wholesale customers by delivering broadband and other wireline and wireless communication …
- Location New York, New York
- Categories Mobile
- Website http://www.verizon.com/?lid=//global//residential
- Full profile for Verizon Communications
- Founded 1968
- Overview Alltel Corporation provides telecommunication solutions. It offers wireless voice and data communication, postpaid and prepaid wireless calling card, roaming and long-distance calling, and data solutions. The company provides text and video messaging digital gaming, radio streaming, Internet access, and emailing services. Additionally, it offers mobile handsets and accessories. The company provides …
- Location Little Rock, Arkansas
- Categories Public Relations
- Website http://www.alltel.com
- Full profile for Alltel