Seriously, these never get old. An enterprising soul has tonight re-created the pivotal Hitler scene from the movie Downfall, but done so with subtitles explaining why Hilter is so mad that Facebook has acquired FriendFeed.
This meme seems be done for just about everything on the web these days, but this one is particularly good because it's full of good insider-y references. And it closely echoes some of the actual backlash against the news today which played out on FriendFeed.
Among the choice lines:
- “It was a complete talent grab.”
- “I even remember what it was like before Robert Scoble got here!”
- “I used FriendFeed to argue about Obama and talk about health care, and to like tons of pictures from NASA that were awesome, not to spend my time posting pictures of bacon and talking about mangoes!”
- “Of all the companies, they went with Facebook. They could've been acquired by Google and I would've been happy for them. Or even Twitter: That I could understand. But Facebook?! What the hell?!”
- “Don't worry, we still have Plurk.”