Kingston starts shipping SSDNow V+
Boasting blistering read and write IOPS speeds, Kingston has just announced that the latest SSDNow drives, V+, are now shipping. Ranging from 64GB up to 256GB, the V+ drives have claimed read and writes speeds of 220MB/s and 180MB/s, respectively. The 2.5-inch drives are priced as follows for the 64GB, 128GB and 256GB models: $254, $500 and $992. Yikes.
Kingston SSDNow V+ Features and Specifications:
- Sequential Read Throughput*: 64GB, 128GB & 256GB – 220MB/sec.
- Sequential Write Throughput*:
- 64GB – 140MB/sec.
- 128GB – 170MB/sec.
- 256GB – 180MB/sec.
- IOPS (Input and Output Operations per Second)*:
- Random 4K read – 6,300 IOPS
- Random 4K write: 64GB – 84 IOPS
- Random 4K write: 128GB – 158 IOPS
- Random 4K write: 256GB – 291 IOPS
- Form Factor: 2.5″
- Interface: SATA 1.5Gb/sec. and 3.0Gb/sec.
- Capacity**: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
- Supports S.M.A.R.T.: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
- Storage temperatures: -40 C to 85 C
- Operating temperatures: 0 C to 70 C
- Dimensions: 69.85mm x 100mm x 9.5mm
- Weight: 84 grams
- Vibration operating: 2.7G
- Vibration non-operating: 20G
- Power specs: Active: 2.6W; Idle: 0.15W
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Operating Shock: 1500G
- Guaranteed: backed by a three-year Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support