Well, could have been a senior manager—the job seems to have already been filled. Still, let’s talk about it. Best Buy recently posted a job ad on its Web site looking for someone who would be “he primary lead for the Best Buy’s mobile, social, and video marketing and media efforts to drive in-store and online sales, create sustainable word-of-mouth evangelists, and brand loyalists.” Yup, that’s what a senior manager of emerging media does. No soul required, it seems.
You know a job is suspect when the entire Crunch Family (CrunchGear, MobileCrunch, TechCrunch, CrunchCrunch, etc.) qualifies, no questions asked. Here’s what Best Buy was looking for:
• Bachelors degree Liberal Arts, Marketing, Interactive Marketing, New Media, Business Administration or related
• 2 plus years of mobile or social media marketing experience at an Agency director level, strategist level, or brand interactive director level
• 4 plus years People or resource leadership experience
• 1 plus years of active blogging experience
• 250 plus followers on Twitter
A graduate degree is “preferred,” but who needs an education when you have Twitter followers? (Am I right?!)
Too bad the position was already filled. Not that Best Buy would have hired me, given my opinion of it.
via Revolution Mag