I thought we already knew this, since it was included in all those other details that were confirmed shortly after, but everybody else seems surprised so we should probably at least act like we didn’t know (we’re very polite here at CG). Yes, the ZuneHD does officially use Nvidia’s Tegra chipset — its hardware decoder and low power draw made it a natural choice.
I still would have liked to see a slightly bigger screen, the better to show off that beautiful UI, but I guess you can’t have everyzing.
- Founded 1974
- Overview Microsoft is an American multinational corporation that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the [Microsoft Windows line of operating systems](/product/windows), [Microsoft Office office suite](/product/microsoft-office), and [Internet Explorer](http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie) …
- Location Redmond, WA
- Categories Software, Video Games
- Website http://www.microsoft.com
- Full profile for Microsoft
- Founded 1993
- Overview Nvidia specializes in the manufacture of graphics-processor technologies for workstations, desktop computers, and mobile devices. The company, based in Santa Clara, California, is a major supplier of integrated circuits used for personal-computer motherboard chipsets, graphics processing units (GPUs), and game-consoles.
- Location Santa Clara, CA
- Categories Software, Hardware
- Founders Jen-Hsun Huang, Chris Malachowsky
- Website http://www.nvidia.com
- Full profile for Nvidia
- Description The Zune device is a digital media player for music, videos, podcasts, and pictures. Available in a number of versions, Zune has a built-in
- Website N/A
- Full profile for Microsoft Zune