Tonight’s the night that we’re announcing the winners of The TechFellow Awards, and you can watch the ceremony live right here on TechCrunch at 9 pm PST, care of a live video feed from Ustream.
The TechFellow Awards is a a new startup investment program that we created in partnership with Founders Fund. At least twelve fellows will be granted $25,000 each tonight to invest in an early stage startup of their choice. Founders Fund will invest an additional $25,000 alongside those investments and request an additional right to invest another $250,000 when the company raises its next round of financing. In all, Founders Fund expects to devote around $3.6 million to the program.
An amazing group of people have helped us select winners of the TechFellow Awards and will be attending the ceremony tonight at the beautiful and newly-renovated California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park:
- Marc Andreessen, Co-Founder and Chairman, Ning
- Michael Arrington, Founder / Editor TechCrunch
- John Battelle, Chairman, CEO, Federated Media
- Ron Conway, Special Partner, Baseline
- Chris DeWolfe, Co-Founder and CEO, MySpace
- Esther Dyson, Chairman, EDventure
- Caterina Fake, Co-Founder, Flickr
- Shawn Fanning, Co-Founder, Napster, Co-Founder SNOCAP, Co-Founder Rupture
- Reid Hoffman, CEO and Co-Founder, LinkedIn
- Joi Ito, CEO, Creative Commons
- Max Levchin, Founder and CEO, Slide, Co-Founder, PayPal
- John McKinley, CEO and Founder, OurParents
- Jonathan Miller, Chief Digital Officer, News Corp
- Tim O’Reilly, Founder, O’Reilly Media
- Sean Parker, Co-Founder, Napster, Plaxo, Facebook; Managing Partner, Founders Fund
- Geoff Ralston, CEO, LaLa and former Chief Product Officer, Yahoo!
- Terry Semel, Chairman and CEO, Windsor Media and former Chairman and CEO, Yahoo!
- Danny Sullivan, Editor-in-Chief, SearchEngineLand.com
- Peter Thiel, Managing Partner, Founders Fund, Former CEO, PayPal
- Jeff Weiner, Executive-in-Residence, Accel Partners and Greylock Partners
- Michael Yanover, Business Development, Creative Artists Agency
- Mark Zuckerberg, Founder and CEO, Facebook
Don’t worry if you can’t watch the video stream live. We’ll upload the full video after the ceremony and add information about each of the winners.