This Touch Pro battery heated up a little too much

Next Story

Blacksocks.com: An infinite supply of black socks

htcbatter1

Wow. Lets just say that if this story is true, it might not be a good idea to store a spare HTC Touch Pro battery in a back jeans pocket. Allegedly this man did just that, and the the battery heated up a bit over specification. Enough so that it burned his jeans. Wow.

I walked into my house early this week to the smell of burning. I couldn’t find where it was coming from. Last night as I was gathering my laundry I noticed a burn through the back of my jeans. A HUGE hole. I had a spare Touch Pro battery in my back pocket. It had expanded and obviously started a fire in my jeans. They were in a clothes pile and buried, so I assume that there wasn’t enough oxygen to start a fire. I will post pictures later, but be very careful where you store extra batteries. I was very worried about my home.

A debate rages on in the forum where this was posted about what caused the battery to do this. It could be that it was a cheap eBay battery that did not like the heat. Or some people are pointing out that the contacts could have shorted on something. Who knows.

PPC Geeks via WMExperts

blog comments powered by Disqus